maandag 12 oktober 2009

The scorpio and the frog.

The scorpio wanted to cross a river, but he couldn't swim. After talking to many different swimming animals, who stubbornly refused to carry him, the scorpio finally managed to talk a frog into helping him:

- Would you carry me to the other side of the river? - says the scorpio.

- No way! - answers the frog - I would never carry a scorpio in my back, you will end up stinging me and poisoning me, and I will die!

- Do you think I am stupid? - says the scorpio - I cannot swim! If you die, I die! I would never to such a thing!

The frog lets himself be convinced by the flowery language of the scorpio and agrees to carry him to the other side of the river. In the middle of the way, the scorpio stings the frog, who gets paralyzed by the poison and cannot swim. The frog asks the scorpio, puzzled:

- Why did you do that? Now, we both die!

To which the scorpio answers:
Because I am a scorpio, and this is what scorpios do.

Auteur onbekend.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten